<$BlogRSDUrl$>

"History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it."-Winston S. Churchill

"The wandering scholars were bound by no lasting loyalties, were attached by no sentiment of patriotism to the states they served and were not restricted by any feeling of ancient chivalry. They proposed and carried out schemes of the blackest treachery."-C.P. Fitzgerald.

Friday, January 16, 2004

A Correction 

A tip of the hat and Top o' the Mornin' to Gregory Djerejian, who sent me an e-mail indicating that Edward Djerejian is his father, and does not write The Belgravia Dispatch. Greg writes that wonderfully written blog.

Greg is a bit more critical of Condoleezza Rice than I am, but other than that, Djerejian and I are pretty much on the same page.

However, I may be a tad more critical of Dr. Dean than is Djerejian. I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that Roger L. Simon (scroll down to the entry for Wednesday, January 14th) reached some time ago, that Dean is a faux Mr. Candor (my words, not Roger's) who is trying to have it both ways and will be undone by the bloggers, if nothing else, before he is undone by the media and the Clinton couple. My take is that Gregory is somewhat more restrained in his judgement of the good Dr., but not by much (see his sound critique of Dean's foreign policy in the Dispatch).

Now, if I was a real intellectual Three-Card Monte player, I would blame my mistake on the Foster's I was drinking the other evening. But since I am not, I won't.

Well, almost won't, anyway.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?