<$BlogRSDUrl$>

"History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it."-Winston S. Churchill

"The wandering scholars were bound by no lasting loyalties, were attached by no sentiment of patriotism to the states they served and were not restricted by any feeling of ancient chivalry. They proposed and carried out schemes of the blackest treachery."-C.P. Fitzgerald.

Friday, February 06, 2004

Bush Lied, Polonius Died... 

Groan....

I have been informed by my cousin, Marty Fugate, features editor at Sarasota, Florida's Longboat Observer that I am in need of a correction. In my Jonah Goldberg/Andrew Sullivan post of a two days ago, I made the following remarks:
I cite Roe because what the gay community is doing is to go against what I call the Constitutional Chain of Being. Naturally, I shamelessly ripped this off from Shakespeare's Histories and Tragedies. When the King is killed in Macbeth, the "chain of being" is broken by an act of regicide. All sorts of things begin to happen in the Heavens and the Earth that lead, eventually, to the death of virtually the entire cast. Polonius, the new Caesar, walks in to reestablish order.

Marty, God bless him, brought me up short in a phone call from his office. Polonius was the blowhard in the play, who gave always insightful advice, such as "neither a borrower nor a lender be". It was Macduff who showed up, late from dealing with the Polack, to restore order out of chaos.

My apologies to any readers. It is my policy to correct errors of fact whenever they are brought to my attention.

However, Polonius is still dead. So are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern.

Bush Lied, They Died.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?